Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tis the Season for... RATS??

So I was watching reruns of The Office on TBS. And I don't normally watch anything live (thanks to my friend Tivo) but I love The Office so I guess it was worth it to sit through the commercials. Well it seems that no one seems to care about Thanksgiving because everyother commercial was a Christmas Commercial, Ross Dress for Less, Sears, Macy's and Lowes to name a few. What the heck?? Then the other commercials were about killing rats or mice. Mouse traps that you don't have to actually touch the dead mouse, rat poison packages, and rat snacks that will take them to their demise. So apparently its already Christmas and its Rat and Mouse Season. It just so happened to also be the day that my new favorite Pixar movie came out on DVD and there was also a commercial for that. Does anyone else find this disturbing?

6 comments:

Jenn Ann said...

Pickle, you are going to be an excellent blogger!!!

Since my TV downstairs does not have TiVo (gasp) and that is where I have been spending my days lately, I've watched lots of commercials. The Christmas commercials are out of control - they were on before Halloween!!!

Dubious E said...

Pick...you have brought to light something interesting; are you familiar with The Nutcracker Suite? In that ballet comes together all of the wonders and festivities of Christmas and dancing mice! Interesting...I like it!

Bianka said...

I HATE Christmas commercials before Thanksgiving. ESPECIALLY ones with Christmas songs before Halloween! I officially saw my first one on October 27th this year, with Carol of the Bells as the theme song.

Jane said...

You are my favorite pickle already! The Office is the funniest show on TV!!

Kim Thomas said...

Rats and the Office....hmm. We have human rats in our office.

Teri said...

I love christams